Friday, October 31, 2008

New bike ,1973 CB750 Project Cafe Racer

This is the new Dunstall tank and seat, the frame is ready for the powder coating
I worked the frame over and removed the rear peg tubing and any extra bracket not needed on this bike.
This is the motor before I pulled it out
I had all the engine and hubs polished to a chrome finish
MJ trying out the new ride before the total rebuild. I have been looking for a clean 750 all summer and this is the one.
This bike needs a strip down from all the extras that are on it. The turn signals, mirrors and crash bars are for dorks. And needs to be heard more, she is to quiet.
As for the bike we found out it needs a clutch, I could not ride it when I bought it because it was raining. O'well I can fix that.
I replaced the handle bars with Clubman cafe bars. Also new grips and bar end mirrors.
I took off the stock exhaust and put on a 4 into 1, then cut down the front fender that will be painted black when I rebuild the rest. I took it to its top speed of 120 mph in fourth gear, I need it to pull fifth gear and I hope to see 130 mph. She is going to be an awesome steed.

No comments: