Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Family Sub

Yes, another one to come home on a trailer. I picked this 1992 GMC Suburban up form a guy in Sandy. He said that the transfer case was out and everything else was good. Well that said I took it to the shop in Levan and Jerry and I tore into it. I put a new transfer case in and took it for a drive. There was a loud banging in the front end so I put it back on the hoist, the front end was also bad. I drained the oil and it was pure aluminum. Well to check the gear ratio we pulled the rear cover and also found that the spiders were also broken. What a pile of junk, I should of had a clue when I saw the bowtie on the truck that it was not going to be very good outfit. Well not to give up I got a front end and new spiders and repaired the problem. I then drove it to Draper and fitted it with a set of 20's. It looks good and runs awsome for now, next the motor will have to be looked at where it has 260,000 miles on it.





No comments: